[CQ-Contest] WPX CW IN SPAIN

Bob Perring perring at texas.net
Wed Apr 15 13:24:22 EDT 1998

I will be visiting Madrid, and perhaps other areas of Spain

during the time frame of May 27 thru June 5.

My 19 year old nephew will be with me.

We will be packed lightly and we have no fixed schedules.

I would be interested in the possibility of operating (just a portion of)
with,

or observing a group of local area WPX CW contesters

from Spain or Gibralter, if it might be possible to do same.

If not possible to operate, I would certainly enjoy an evening in a local
taberna with some of the local Madrid hams for wonderful  Sherry, Vino
con gaseosa, Cruzcampo, and Tapas .

The only firm aspect of our trip, as of this date,

is that my nephew and I will have the freedom to spend our time quite
freely.

I have a complete list of outstanding QSL cards yet to be delivered to EA
amateurs for my previous VP2MGP operations. I will have QSL cards with
me.

Last year, I carried many EA QSL cards with me for VP2MGP confirmations
when my wife and I travelled EA, ZB2, CN8,  but was I unable to make any
local amateur radio contacts. My planning and arrangements to meet local
amateurs before I made last year's trip was poor.

Next year, My wife and I will again visit Spain around this same time, so
operating from EA for next year CW WPX would be a nice possibility
also.

73,

N5RP, VP2MGP, XA5T

Bob,