[CQ-Contest] NM6Q NAQP Adventure

Mike no6x at inreach.com
Tue Jan 20 06:55:00 EST 1998

OK, OK, OK, Let me see what kind of braging can be done here.

		The NM6Q NAQP SSB Adventure

   The Hot Air Merchant ARC decided that we would do a Multi Op effort in
the NAQP Phone contest.
   Out of all of the people that were "supposed to" show up there were only
3 of us. W6UC, KF6PCW, and myself NO6X.
   It was lots of fun, to start things off we had to get TR working in the
second computer, ok 2 minutes later, we decided to step through the config
file, oh no, what happened no band map! after 10 minutes of messing, I
decide to exit and restart. Oh there it is, funny that happened to me last
time I tried to do this.(dumb kids)
Now we decide that we had better get some antennas hooked up to the second
radio....
   17:59z Antennas are hooked up, and we run into the shack and start the
contest.
   Oh crap I forgot to start up the other computer...5 minutes later I
start calling CQ on 10 meters, while Phil runs 15.
   10 turned out to be fairly decent, could have been better however the
stations were just not there to work. Netted 145 Q's and 32 Mults.
   15 was very good as expected netting 529 Q's and 60 mults.
   20 was kind of HoHum, jammed wall to wall and hard to get anything going
with all of the QRM. We netted 403 Q'S and 57 Mults.
   40 was the decent, just hard to find a frequency. Netted 496 Q's and 59
Mults here.
   80 was...well 80 was 80 picked up 179 Q's and 39 Mults.
   160 was better than anyone thought it would be we made 36 Q's and got 16
mults here.

  Grand total was 1788 Q's x 263 mutls for 470,244 points

   For all of you that asked for repeat after repeat of the name...Yes we
were using the name "HAM"

   After looking through the logs There is only one station that we worked
on all 6 bands...K0RI, Thank You!

   Made lots of Q's had lots of fun, was real neat to see Sharon (KF6PCW),
Phil's YL put on the Heil and get into it on 160, then to 40 for the last
few hours. I forgot to mention Sharon Just got her ticket last Wedensday!!!

Hope to do it all again in August!

Mike...NO6X
aka NM6Q, "Ham in California"
"YES! HAM! Like a pig, like Ham and eggs!"

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com