[CQ-Contest] East coast vs. West coast

Jeff Bouvier k1am at ids.net
Fri Jan 30 02:13:10 EST 1998

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 09:17:45 -0700, you wrote:

<SNIP>

>Contest winners do so by
>location followed by BUCKS.  These two factors attract skill and that third
>ingredient caps it off.
>
>Those that can get in the fray, those that can't use Dr. DX!
>
>cdn
>

>                  C. Dean Norris, K7NO
>               e-mail to dnorris at k7no.com
>         Stupid people should be allowed to die!

Dean,
	I have to disagree with this.
Au contraire, here's how it really works:
1) You're very young and you get a license.
2) You are using inferior antennas and radios
3) This causes you to become proficient enough to dig out
   the weak ones through lots of qrm. Your brain is trained
   to be a VERY good filter.
4) Hopefully you are able to accumulate enough cash to
   purchase a good location, towers, antennas, and the
   necessary toys. (You've all heard the old expression,
   "He who dies with the most toys WINS.")

	If you've been fortunate all 4 of the above apply.
If not, 1, 2, and 3 will get you an invite to most multi-
single's or multi-multi's or a guest operator gig.
	I'm VERY thankful that I experienced 1, 2, and 3
back in 1959. I bet I can read Fred, K1VR's, mind as he reads
this paragraph. He's saying, "Right on, Jeff". I remember
having conversations with him about this subject.
	Bring on those pileup tapes! :-)
	73, Jeff K1AM

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com