[CQ-Contest] What ever happened to being proud you were a ham?

Bill 'Tate' Wilkinson bwilkinson at glasgow-ky.com
Sat Jul 25 16:08:16 EDT 1998

Hello Jim and All
I really take offense to the insinuation that if you are something less
than an Extra we are "not proud to be a Ham". I must say I have been
interested and involved in Amateur Radio since 1955 and I am very proud to
finally be a ham. Shame on you Jim. Having served as past Vice President
and President of the Mammouth Cave Amateur Radio Club I am proud of all
Hams that are involved in there respective organizations. It is through
these groups as well as the ARRL that Amateur Radio will progress and grow
and not retreat into the past.
Lets look forward to a good future for Amateur Radio both in participation
and the ecomomics of the industry.
Have a good day
73      Tate      KE4KRN

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com