[CQ-Contest] Zero-point QSO's in CQWW

thompson at mindspring.com thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 16 17:19:21 EST 1998

Lee's point (AA4GA) is well taken.  I always put zero point Q's in the log
when working split on 40 SSB.  I have logged some famous calls over the
years.  Shame on those that don't log them.  I think that is a poor
reflection on the station called.   From the comments this has been duly
noted and is to be corrected in the future.

I think Lee will agree with the suggestion that anyone should log a DX
station first then the zero point Q.   I remember when a VP8 and a K0
answered at the same time.  The VP8 went into the log and the K0 next after
assuring no more DX.  For one thing this helps keep the frequency clear of
everything except BC.

The way logs are checked today the stations not logging zero point Q's (or
duplicate DX Q's)  will stand out like sore thumbs.  Don't join the shame
list log those Q's!    One year from a M/S the same guy called me at least
10 times...after the fourth SO I just put the guy on ignore...and thats hard
to do when he is 15 over nine and the average Dx calling is S7 or 8.

Dave K4JRB

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com