[CQ-Contest] random exchanges

CP2235 at aol.com CP2235 at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 16:11:23 EDT 1999

K5RC wrote:
<< Have all of the logging software programs generate a five-digit
hexidecimal
 number for each QSO. The first three characters of the hex number would
 contain the multiplier info (like state, section, zone, etc), the second two
 would be random identifiers.   >>

yeah, what I say. And cross-check these exchanges as thorougly as you
cross-check callsign nowadays. Sure makes for a better copying contest,
unaffected by databases and stuff.
Actually, if it was "my" contest, I would include a serial number, too. I
like seeing from the numbers where other people stand.

>>Change all contest exchanges to just the unique hex number.<<
Well, I think the "should all contests be equal?" principle applies here.

73 Con DF4SA

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com