[CQ-Contest] SS-LOG Super-Check

Bill Fisher, W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Sat Mar 6 18:34:23 EST 1999

>Lets keep the "total" checking of every contact to WRTC and the Top scores
>so we don't chase away the average contester or the newcomer.

Disagree.  When I was rising through the ranks, I never got my log
checked.  Then one September I operated the SSB and CW Sprints.
Claimed score for both was in the top-10.  After log checking, I was
DQed on both modes.  Talk about a wake up call.  At first I was POed
at the log checkers.  Then, I realized the only guy to blame was me.
Now I thank Rusty and Rick for setting me on the straight and narrow.

I'm the first guy to yell for change if it will stimulate activity and
interest in contesting.  However, let's not dumb down contesting for any
reason.

73

Bill Fisher, W4AN

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)