[CQ-Contest] Re: Choice of CW Narrow filters

Jon Ogden jono at enteract.com
Wed May 12 17:27:07 EDT 1999

>One would think
>that the highest scoring stations would stand the highest chance of
>bumping in to one another.  But this appears not to be the case.

It could be that the highest scoring stations have the best signals and
so beat their way clear and secondly and more importantly, they have the
most operating skill.

I will admit that it is frustrating to try a low power operation with a
tri-bander and get no where because of the big guns.  It sure was easier
when I got my PA working for the CQWWPX and had some umpf behind me. But
still it is hard to compete with a stacked array. I admire those guys who
do a low power effort and still score more than a lot of the big guns.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono at enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com