[CQ-Contest] CQWW Multiplier Station

Henry Heidtmann n4vhk at summitschool.com
Tue Oct 26 14:31:25 EDT 1999

Hans Brakob - K0HB wrote:

> Hey, everything that *I* didn't think of first is "against the spirit" of
> the rules.  So long as all the contacts are CW, there is nothing in
> the rules against this idea.
>
> Hokey, yes......   illegal, no.
>
> 73, Hans, K0HB

I have to disagree, Hans-
The rule states that you cannot operate outside your category for the contest.
If your category is CW, that means CW. Operating SSB during a CW contest is
operating outside your "category" and hence,  "illegal" according to the rules
of the contest.

"All entrants must operate within the limits of their chosen category when
performing any activity that could impact their submitted score."

FWIW, I think comparing this situation to packet is indeed a stretch.
But hey, whatever loads ur plate....    ;-}
CU all this weekend from the illustrious Zone 5.

Henry, N4VHK
W4WS M/S
Winston-Salem, NC

http://summitschool.com/faculty/w4ws.html