[CQ-Contest] SUMMARY: Cheap way to send stateside-stateside QSL cards (for contest QSOs)

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sun Aug 13 09:36:28 EDT 2000

Many of you suggested mailing to the W1-W0 incoming bureaus directly.  I
have contacted the various bureau managers and am waiting for their

Now to answer a few questions:

1.  These are the domestic cards only.  The DX cards have already been sent
directly to the countries' incoming bureaus in cases of more than about 50
cards or so.  The rest are going via the ARRL Outgoing bureau.

2.  In order to catch up on the contest QSL backlog, we printed cards for
ALL unique QSOs for all the log data we could find.  BV6 made this very
easy to do.  Matt does NOT need the cards, but it's a shame to have printed
them then just throw them away.

3.  K4WW and KS4YT suggested electronic QSLing.  Well, the cards have
already been printed!  I just want to get rid of them.

4.  K1KI suggested sending bunches of cards for members of the same club
(i.e. FRC, YCCC) together directly to the club.  Seems like a lot of
detective work to do this, though.

5.  G3VBL/8P9EM suggested joining another society, like RSGB, then sending
the cards to THEIR outgoing bureau, so they could be sent back to the
states.  Clever idea.

Thanks to the following for their suggestions: AK0A, K4WW, AB4RL, N6RT,
K6ACZ, K0JN, W3HNK, K3GV, N4UOZ, K1KI, KS4YT, K8DX, KG5U, KH6BZF, W7TSQ,
W7WHY, G3VBL/8P9EM.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>