[CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS940 computer interface

Steve Lufcy km0l at tfs.net
Fri Aug 25 04:38:42 EDT 2000

Tom-
I too bought the IF-232 interface for my 940 and could not get it to work. I lent it to a friend who interfaced his 870 with it, so th IF-232 was good.
Turns out that the 940 must have a chip inside for the IF232 to interface with and not all 940's have it.
I ended up buying the TS-940 IF-10B/C from PIEXX which is the interface and chip that fit inside the 940 and plugs straight into a serial port on the computer. This works fine and I don't need the outboard box at all.
The unit sells for $89 from PIEXX, and you can even order online from http://www.piexx.com
Good luck es 73 de K0OU, Steve in KC

BTW- I don't own stock in PIEXX or anything - just a satisfied customer. OU