[CQ-Contest] Packet Pileups -> Breaking Pileups

k8gt at arrl.net k8gt at arrl.net
Tue Dec 5 20:13:13 EST 2000

WHOA!

I keep hearing about all the rampant cheating going on, but I don't see any proof
or specific stations, just innuendo, not that I'm looking for any.  I just don't
care for all the careless accusations thrown about.  I don't have packet at all,
and not even a 2 meter rig in the shack, its in the car for emergency work, where
it belongs.  All the folks I chat with at the hospitality suites at the Crowne
Plaza in Dayton certainly aren't the type to cheat, you cal tell by the way they
talk about the challenges and the neat ideas they have to meet them.  I'm not
saying it doesn't happen, but I doubt very many at all among the serious
contesters.  And if someone who "cheats" doesn't submit a log, it doesn't matter
(except for the QRM in the "packet pileup").  Also, my DXCC means a lot to me,
because I know HOW I earned it, but I care less if anyone else knows or not.  I'm
not just singleling out Yuri, but his comments were the trigger.

73, Gerry,  K8GT

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com