[CQ-Contest] Re: Zero Pointers

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Dec 6 10:11:14 EST 2000

At 09:28 AM 12/6/00 +1300, Martin Ellis wrote:

>For many years CT had a recommendation in the user guide:
>If you wish to non-score a QSO you can replace the bad call
>with your own call <W3PP>. There is a FIXMINE or RMDUPES
>utility to remove these QSOs if you wish.
>But in a serial number contest, that destroys the accuracy of the
>serial number sequence, so it is better to leave these in the log.
>
>Would this answer your question?

I think the point is that the station WANTS the 0-point QSO left in the
log, but marked as 0 points, so the other guy gets credit for it (i.e. it
won't be marked NIL in the log checking computer).  So your solution does
not address this problem.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>