[CQ-Contest] Cheaters <never|?> prosper?

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at w9wi.com
Tue Dec 12 00:57:46 EST 2000

At least this guy didn't pretend he couldn't hear:

One operator around here told of an incident where a W3 station, without
inquiring whether the frequency was occupied, simply plopped down on our
guy's run frequency & began CQing.  When informed there was already someone
there, said W3 said "I'm louder than you are, so I guess it's my frequency
now".

I think in next year's CQ WW SSB, I'm going to call the 40-meter DX on their
own frequency.  If I can't find an open run frequency between 14.150 and
14.350, I'll try running on 14.353.  NAQP time - can't copy that weak W7's
name & state?  No worries, I can always look it up on www.ualr.edu.  Short
on mults in my SO-unassisted entry?  I guess that's what DX Summit is for.

What, that's illegal and/or unethical?  So what is intentionally stealing a
frequency you KNOW is occupied?  That's as much a part of contesting as
steroids are part of the Olympics...  (did I just un-make my point?<g>)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com