[CQ-Contest] New 75' Antenna limitation proposed for 24 million people.

Jay O'Brien jayobrien at att.net
Tue Feb 29 20:51:03 EST 2000

Ken Widelitz wrote:

> Hi Jay,
>
> I think you misread the bill.
>
> The operative portion reads:
>
>    (c) In a city or county having a population density of more than 120
> persons per square mile according to the 1990 United States census, no
> ordinance shall do either of the following:
>    (1) Restrict amateur radio antenna height to less than 75 feet above
> ground level.
>    (2) Restrict the number of support structures.
>
> 73, Ken, K6LA (Ken Six Los Angeles)
> K6LA at GTEMAIL.NET

Ken,

This clearly (to me) states that the counties you and I live in would be
allowed to restrict antenna heights to 75 feet above ground level. They
would be prohibited from restricting antenna heights to less than 75
feet, but not prohibited from restricting the heights to 75.0 feet. With
this law on the books, the populated counties have a State guideline
to follow.

I prefer it the way it is now, without the State law. The new law will
make it more difficult to make a case for heights above 75 feet, unless
you live in a sparsely populated county. Even then, the new bar is
200'.

Jay

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com