[CQ-Contest] contest rules at HG0HQ?

Zebek Zden|k sebek at rtime.felk.cvut.cz
Mon Jul 10 12:14:27 EDT 2000

hi contesters,

just one experience from IARU HF championship. I had no free time for
full time effort, so I was on air just for fun. Sunday at 5:30Z I
decided to give some points to HQ stations on 40m. At that time 20
was wide open, so 40 was nearly empty with only a few HQ "beacons".
Started on top of the band, on 7099 was IV3UHX calling CQ DX. Just in
that moment he got a call from HG0HQ. IV3UHX was not interested
in any contest exchange but op at HG0HQ tried to explain how he
really needs points and bla bla. I tuned down and what a suprise, on
7059 again HG0HQ, now CQing. Quick tune back to 7099 and HG0HQ still
talking with that I station. While having both frequencies in memory
I switched between them several times - both HG0HQ ops were talking
in the same time, there was no synchronization between them to allow
only one signal on band/mode at one time.

Here is extract of rules as found on ARRL web page:
4.2.2. Only one transmitted signal is allowed at any given time.
4.2.2.1. Exception: Only IARU member  society HQ stations may
operate simultaneously on more than one band, with one transmitter on
each band and mode.

When I called HG0HQ on their run frequency, after giving them report,
I asked how is it possible they have two signals but the only answer
was qsl, qrz?

If they would win this contest, I hope they will be satisfied with
way how they reached it.

Zdenek
OK1DSZ

from:   Zdenek Sebek
        CZECH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
        Faculty of Electrical Engineering
        Department of Control Engineering
        Karlovo namesti 13
        121 35 Prague 2 , CZECH REPUBLIC
        tel.:   +420 2 24357434
        fax.:   +420 2 24918646, +420 2 24357610
        e-mail: sebek at fel.cvut.cz

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com