[CQ-Contest] Re: WRTC Identifications

John Warren nt5c at texas.net
Mon Jul 10 14:08:15 EDT 2000

Ward N0AX/S5 wrote:

|They had strict instructions not to identify themselves and
|to respond with "I cannot say" if asked, "Are you..."
|Plus, a referee hanging over their shoulder the entire time :-)

The competitors played it straight, but there are certain voices that it
would be hard to disguise. Chris ZS6EZ is one that comes to mind. I
sympathise with them - With my residual British accent, I can't get away
with anything on the bands. One day I yielded to the temptation to do
something a little "out of the ordinary" (unidentified), and a voice on the
frequency immediately said "Oooooh, it's NT5C!".

John, NT5C.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com