[CQ-Contest] Re: Bad practices identified

K4BEV at aol.com K4BEV at aol.com
Thu Jul 20 11:36:15 EDT 2000

I'm S&P and find an "open" frequency.
QRL? QRL? QRL? K4BEV.......NO response.
Run 2 or 3 and am suddenly informed that "This is MY frequency = QSY!"
I'll stick it out with another LP station (I'm in the middle of a small town
-- no HP here), but against a HP station my time is better used by moving
along.
I've pointed out (several times now) that I asked if the freq was in use with
no response. A couple of guys have said sorry and QSYd, but the answer is
almost always CQ CONTEST.
This is fair and considerate?
IMHO if you leave and comeback to an empty frequency you're having a really
fb day. If you comeback and the freq is in use its time to go looking again.
73 - K4BEV

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com