[CQ-Contest] Re: Bad practices identified

Bill Turner w7ti at jps.net
Mon Jul 24 09:40:18 EDT 2000

If you're going to operate legally in the US, you can't just send QRL?
without your call.  So, which is shorter?

QRL? DE W7TI
CQ DE W7TI

I realize many if not most stations will send only QRL?, but without the
call, it's illegal.  This is not just a technicality, it's a clear violation
of part 97 rules.  K3ZO is right in my opinion.

For contesting purposes, perhaps a single ? should be used in place of QRL?
anyway.  In the context of contesting, it's meaning would be quite clear.
Comments welcome.

Bill, W7TI