[CQ-Contest] Re: Bad practices identified

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 14:59:56 EDT 2000

In a message dated 7/24/00 12:00:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, w7ti at jps.net
writes:

>  For contesting purposes, perhaps a single ? should be used in place of QRL?
>  anyway.  In the context of contesting, it's meaning would be quite clear.
>  Comments welcome.

This is what I have done for years.  Not only is it quicker, but it has the
additional meaning of "Who was that who was just calling CQ, who I might want
to work?" instead of QRL's sole meaning of "I am about to jump on this
frequency and start CQing".  I find the first use much more polite when the
millisecond of silence was just a pause between CQs.

My reply to a "?" is my call or a quick CQ if I was CQing, or an
"Di-Dah-Di-Di-Dit" if I am working someone.

Jim   K8MR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com