[CQ-Contest] Re: Bad practices identified

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Mon Jul 24 12:52:53 EDT 2000

This is the most cogent exchange on the topic and is compelling enough to
get me to change my practice. Thank you gentlemen.

73, Ken, K6LA, Ken Six Los Angeles

K6LA at GTEMAIL.NET

In a message dated 7/24/00 12:00:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, w7ti at jps.net
writes:

>  For contesting purposes, perhaps a single ? should be used in place of
QRL?
>  anyway.  In the context of contesting, it's meaning would be quite clear.
>  Comments welcome.

This is what I have done for years.  Not only is it quicker, but it has the
additional meaning of "Who was that who was just calling CQ, who I might
want
to work?" instead of QRL's sole meaning of "I am about to jump on this
frequency and start CQing".  I find the first use much more polite when the
millisecond of silence was just a pause between CQs.

My reply to a "?" is my call or a quick CQ if I was CQing, or an
"Di-Dah-Di-Di-Dit" if I am working someone.

Jim   K8MR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com