[CQ-Contest] didit dit

k8cc k8cc at mediaone.net
Wed Jul 26 20:57:43 EDT 2000

At 06:21 PM 7/25/00 -0700, Leigh S. Jones wrote:
>In contests, the use of "didit dit" probably began with the creation of
>the old ARRL CD parties.  These were contests that were heavily populated
>by CW traffic handlers that have been eliminated for decades.

I think the CD parties were dropped in 1985 or perhaps slightly
earlier.  "Eliminated" is such a harsh word...

The reason I recall this is because in September 1985 a bunch of us sat
around a hospitality suite in Louisville, KY during the 1985 ARRL National
Convention weekend and invented the North American QSO Party to take the
place of our beloved CD parties.

And the tradition continues...

73,

Dave/K8CC