[CQ-Contest] M/S CQing

Claudio Veroli claudio.veroli at nch.it
Fri Nov 3 09:50:42 EST 2000

Messaggio in formato MIME composto da più parti.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C0457B.8A531AD0

It is perfectly legal to call CQ on the MULT station.
I learned it from "CQWW CONTEST HANDBOOK" edition 1994 written by K3EST and
other committee members, so I suppose this is an official interpretation of
the rules.
In the "ANNOTATED RULES" about Multi Single category (pag 27) there are some
FAQ concerning the Multi Single and the object we are mailing about,  that I
report integrally:

"How many stations can I have as a Multi Single?
 You can have as many stations as you want. However, only one run station
and one multiplier station are allowed to operate within any particular 10
minutes period.

Can the multiplier station call CQ?

Yes, the multiplier can call CQ, but can only log new multipliers for
credit.

Can a multiplier station work non multiplier?

Yes, but not for any credit at all.

What happens when a non multiplier calls the Multiplier station?
You can not work the station for any credit at all. Tell the station you are
the multiplier station and your station will be back later as the run
station."

It seems very clear.

Might be you disagree or think it is not always usefull to CQing with the
Multiplier station, but this is the spirit of the rule.

I thought it was illegal to call CQ with the Multiplier station since I
readed about it. So we started to use this new opportunity.

I personally agree with Kenny K2KW and I think that the benefits of calling
CQ are of questionable strategy.

If the band has a somewhat limited opening, (80 or 160 meters) to AF or OC,
it could be beneficial for a few minutes to call CQ . and it was exactly
what we done on 80 calling Far East and Oceania.

We use occasionally to call "CQ Far East or Australia or Africa ......ecc "
when we have  approximate skeds with stations from a particular zone.

We use it when we listen a new multiplier station aswering to other CQing on
the band. A direct CQ for that zone might be lucky sometime.

Of course the CQing at the Multiplier station  is closely restricted to the
second day when the needed and workable multipliers are limited and defined.

Often the CQing is also restricted at the end of the ten minutes period,
after we worked another multiplier,  as the last opportunity.

So it is not another way to go around the rules...........sorry Wally.

Claudio I4VEQ/IQ4A

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com