[CQ-Contest] M/S CQing

Valeri Stefanov wally at el-soft.com
Fri Nov 3 06:41:04 EST 2000

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C04561.0A1A1680

Hi Claudio,
=20
At the beggining of this message I would like to tell you that I have =
nothing
against you guys at IQ4A. Simply it was a first time in 20 years I have =
heard
a multiplier station of M/S crew to call CQ to attract new multipliers.
Rules as they are written now make most of the operators in this world =
who
have not or haven't had so full info on interpretation of the rules of =
CQWW
to think that multipliers SHOULD be worked by S&P only.
=20
Now, I understood also from other gyus that calling CQ from Mult. Stn =
with current
rules is legal. (That doesn't mean I agree with such a strategy , =
though)
=20
As far as I have been told by Ken K2KW and Bob K3EST for 2001 CQWW rules =
this loophole will be closed and there will not be a chance for =
different reading of the rules, by making them clear - no CQing from =
Mult.Stn. any longer. There also will be a limit on output power to be =
used - 1 500 W out ONLY.
This I hope will make a game more fair for everyone.
Times are changing so the rules must be made up to date.
=20
Seems that even if one has been for more than 20 years in CQWW he could
learn some new things :-)))).
=20
See you in the next one and GL to all the guys there at IQ4A.

 73's de Wally LZ2CJ
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C04561.0A1A1680