[CQ-Contest] Shorten CW SS

Jeff Bouvier k1am at home.com
Tue Nov 7 15:58:30 EST 2000

	Aw, c'mon, let's keep it with some off time. That's what's
nice about sweepstakes. You don't have to wear yourself out to have
fun. ;)
	I'm sitting here thinking, "What will SS be like in a few
years when SS is a 20/40/80m contest again? Should we really be hasty
in changing the number of hours in this contest? Is this contest
really broken due to people's interest in the internet and other
things?" I have not been active in contests for 2 years because of
another interest. It was sort of interesting to sit down and operate
SS without reading the rules. Someone sent me prec. "U" and I asked
for a repeat. Then I recalled reading somewhere about  some new
precedences. Kinda through me off for a second as did the first CK of
00 but I didn't ask for a repeat. ;) I heard a few others hesitate
when they were sent 00.
	Another interesting observation. Only 2 years ago 3830 was a
very busy frequency at the end of any contest. I showed up there after
WW SSB and not too many people showed compared to 2 years ago. Same
with SS. I said a number of years ago that the internet would hurt ham
radio. It has. Instead of running to 3830, people are now anxious to
read their favorite mailing lists when a contest is over. Can you
imagine what ham radio will be like in 20 years? Yikes! I don't want
to think about it. Hopefully, I'll still be around in 20 years. I
don't want to think about that either. :-))

	73, Jeff K1AM

  If we want to keep it closer to the old way, perhaps we

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com