[CQ-Contest] K4OJ @ K4XS, Murphy is an SOB!

k8do k8do at email.msn.com
Tue Nov 7 17:38:04 EST 2000

I do not know what went wrong...
My down load was likely not 6.54 in spite of it's label... I got a fresh(er)
download from Geo Monday morning and it works fb with U and M...
As to an older version sneaking in, it's possible... I keep them  corralled
in their zipped versions and no unzipped, older .exe wandering about (I
hope)...
Oh well, I contest for fun, and just shy of 400 Q on 80 meters was fun after
no contesting for a few years...
I even made a new friend who showed up on my run freq of 3550.00, Saturday
evening sending "no cq ss' with a 30 over signal...  Also sending dits, and
calling cq on top of the Q I was trying to work.. He signed a KG5 call I
won't finish... He spent about an hour trying to drive me away... For the
first 5 minutes I thought the band had changed propagation and it was one of
those things, so I moved up 600 cycles to drop him out of the filter (after
checking that I had room)... Well, he shows up seconds later zero beating
the next guy who called me...
Hmmm, this means WAR!.. So, I switched Godzilla from stun to kill, selected
the cascaded 250 cycle filters (thanks Ten Tec) and kept on 'workin em'...
He eventually went away...

Cheers  ...  Denny