[CQ-Contest] Thanks QRP only de VY1JA

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Tue Nov 7 18:22:54 EST 2000

> I have been overwhelmed by the number of responses to my posting
> earlier and
> wish to thank everyone that took the time to write.
>
> The more experienced contesters have been solid in their treatment.  I
> should respond right away with SRI NOT IN LOG , Later.... and QRZ QRP? de
> VY1JA.  Even though this may take time away from logging the polite ops.
>
> The logic goes that others will hear this and wait.

Dear Jay,

I guess I need to apologize for my rude behavior during this and previous SS
CW contests.

I didn't realize you had QRP-only "windows" during your pileups.

Through S&P'ing, I would find your pileup and simply give a call at the
appropriate times.  You usually manage to work me after my second or third
call and I appreciate that.

Now, knowing there was a QRP-only window, I feel guilty for having taken up
the time during the QRO-only window and depriving a deserving QRO op from a
Q with you.

Fortunately, you had the courtesy to recognize and ignore my ignorance.

I thank you for that.

73 and see you next year!

During your QRP-only window....

maybe...