[CQ-Contest] Shorten CW SS

Ed Sleight k4sb at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 8 17:48:04 EST 2000

k8cc wrote:

> I completely reject the notion that "SS is an Extra class contest".  For
> many years,....

In the first place, the quote above is not accurate. I said the "SSCW"
will probably turn into an "extra class contest". In this regard, I
could have made myself clearer, and in retrospect, should have used
other wording. By the word "extra", I was talking about those who earned
their class of license under the 20 wpm rule. I was not by any means
implying that lessor classes of license do not have the ability to enter
at the code speeds generally used in the CWSS, but merely that as the
years go by, the "ole boys" will age, or perhaps merely drop out for a
variety of other reasons. Perhaps a fair assessment would be to use
those who sent "00" vs other checks. I believe they are to be truly
congratulated, as one gentlemen already noted.

I already made the comment about the "high speed" nuts which Dave
commented on also, and I completely agree with him. I'll go a step
further and name W1AW as one of the worst offenders in last week's
contest. Didn't exactly set an example..

73
Ed

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com