[CQ-Contest] Packet use for single ops.

John Unger w4au at contesting.com
Mon Nov 13 12:48:31 EST 2000

There is another possibility to consider: completely ban the use of packet during contests. Just imagine, hams would actually have to find the rare mults all by themselves.

When you think about it, there is no very good reason to allow packet spotting at all, except to support "assisted" category. I've heard the rationale that being able to spots mults (without receiving spots, of course) somehow supports "the club". Most of the big clubs seem to be built around serious multi-mult stations, which have one or two extra radios on each band just to find new mults.

We wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of anyone cheating using spots while operating single op if there were simply no spots to use...

73 - John, W4AU

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com