[CQ-Contest] Single-Op - Stop the Rot

Martín Monsalvo LW9EUJ lw9euj at ciudad.com.ar
Tue Nov 14 17:50:56 EST 2000

Paul:
Do you believe the organiser of WAEDC have no logic?
What they have is a wide vision (complete vision) of reality.
I can't believe you as a developer of logging software say this things.
Let's go back a decade.
Before computer logging was invented. Single ops. used to keep a track of
multipliers by hand using multipliers sheets, as well as hand duping, and
hand everything.
What would have been of contesting if many of us claimed that the automated
tracking of multipliers done by the logging software would put you out of
single op.
Claiming crazy things like: The ops themselves must do the mult tracking,
the duping, etc. Calling that assistance would have been nonsense.
The use of packet is a reality nobody can control, and that diminishes the
possibilities of increasing fair play.
As Timo says if packet is allowed to single ops, the winners would be the
same. I agree to that. The more skilled will keep filling the top boxes,
because the use of packet, has nothing to do with how well you make
operating decisions.

Martín, LW9EUJ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com