[CQ-Contest] Packet use for single ops.

Martín Monsalvo LW9EUJ lw9euj at ciudad.com.ar
Wed Nov 15 12:36:36 EST 2000

Mauri:
I totally agree with you. Except that I don't believe older contesters are
blind or deaf to reality.
>From my perspective they believe that allowing packet for a single op, turns
the single op. into  some other class.
They say packet clusters, or telnet cluster, means external assistance. I
agree.
And what about the ops who check the WWV, to see what the SFI, K and A
indexes are, during the contest.
That is also external assistance, that will help you decide where to go,
where to stay.
Both cases are ways of receiving information.
I guess that drawing the line between single ops and other classes
considering the amount of info they can use, is  useless, and Even more if
no one on this planet can control it seriously to guarantee fair play for
all entrants.

73
LW9EUJ

PS: Just to remind you. I don't use, and do not like the use of packet or
telnet clusters. But I believe that is personal, and we cannot privilege
personal points of view over what is best, or fairer for all.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com