[CQ-Contest] ARRL Club Competition Rules

Anthony Brooks abrooks at cablenet-va.com
Wed Nov 15 12:39:49 EST 2000

Here is my two cents worth, for what it is worth.  I am also happy to see
the review.  The big suggestion that I would make is allow the stations to
submit scores for two clubs, one local and the other large.

I think that being able to send scores for the two clubs would help to
increase the activity in the local club catagory.  I know I, along with
others, would like to submit scores to support their local general interest
club while still supporting the big contest club.  Without the local clubs
drumming up interest in contesting, how is the sport of radio to grow?  I
personally started out with local club contesting and now participate with a
contest club.  The local club generated the interest in contesting and that
interest outgrew the local club and now the contest club helps to keep the
interest high.

As I stated, this is my two cents worth, for what its worth.

73

Anthony WM3T