[CQ-Contest] Single op assisted

Martin Luther luther at mail.mdt.net.au
Thu Nov 16 05:14:59 EST 2000

Let me see if I get this right

Some people are believed to be cheaters and get credit where it is not due.
They are bad people and will bring all contesting into bad repute.
So in order that we save contesting we must make these people honest by
changing the rules.
Those of us with no packet and expensive internet will calmly accept that
this change is to the benefit of us all.

Those piggy animals are off and flying again!.

You don't make people honest by changing the rules to cover up their
dishonesty. They will just be dishonest in another way, and then another way
until there is no credibility left in the rules.

We do not organise our societies, at least not in liberal democracies, to
suit evil and dishonest people. We accept that they exist but make it clear
they are not liked.

 I don't like people who cheat at contests, but I like even less people
whose ethical standards bow to the pressures of those who are dishonest.

73

Martin VK5GN
 luther at mail.mdt.net.au

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com