[CQ-Contest] Steve Affens, K3SA - Silent Key

Bernie McClenny, W3UR bernie at dailydx.com
Wed Nov 29 12:58:08 EST 2000

Burt Cohen, W3GG, regretfully reports that Steve Affens, K3SA (ex
K3ZAW), died of a heart attack yesterday.  Steve, 52 years old, and
his XYL Patti, N3HOT, were celebrating their 30th anniversary in the
Cayman Islands.  During the CQ World Wide CW DX Contest Steve was QRV
as ZF2SA.  Professional Steve was a cameraman for the local TV (WJLA)
station in Washington, DC.  He was awarded the Whitehouse Photographers
Association Award Camera Man of the year five times.  Steve was a
member of the Potomac Valley Radio Club and the Webmaster for the
clubs website from its inception.  On a personal note I have know
Steve for many years.  He was an active DXer and Contester.  Steve
graciously helped me with the creation of The Daily DX website during
its infancy.  Steve leaves behind his wife Patti and their son Scott,
KA3TUE.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com