[CQ-Contest] PSE QSY to ...

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 12:13:54 EST 2000

>  But, Yuri, isn't your 'multiplier' equally or possibly more culpable?
After
>  all, he could have said "no".  Then again, what if he needed the station
who
>  asked him to move as a mult on that band or bands?  What if it had been
your
>  'multiplier' who asked the station to move?  What then?
>
>  Where are his rights?
>
>  :-)
>
>  73,
>  dale, kg5u

You have a right to remain silent!  :-)

I say no to QSY pests, mainly because I can't QSY (usually monoband) and who
needs another nobody on another band? (besides CN8WW :-))

The point is that bands are getting crowded and busy and with more people,
packet and QSYing is spreading and getting to the point when it is getting to
have perhaps more negative impact than benefit to few. Not enough that some
signals are wide, distorted and clixy, we get packet killer pileups, splits
landing on the top of you (ever tried to find who it was and getting him to
"go back"?) the multiplier QSY snatching is topping it off.
I am just saying maybe time to stop and think if we really need or want all
them "good" things. I will play the way rules allow and join the pack if this
is what takes to beat it, but I would like to see more nicer and gentler
contesting. We are supposed to be gentle(wo)men and not pack of blood thirsty
alligators.

Good thing it is only a hobby (? :-)

Yuri,  Nice 2 dits (..)
N2EE Tesla RC