[CQ-Contest] IDing revisited...

Tom Horton k5iid at hiperline.net
Thu Nov 30 11:06:35 EST 2000

Rod,
  The FCC rules states...I looked it up before I wrote this...states:
Part 97/119...must identify after EACH communication and at least
every 10 minutes DURING a communication...
  I have heard the theory that not IDing is a form of pileup control,
but I consider this ridiculous...the fact that stations do not ID causes
other stations to call in and become dupes in contest logs and dupes in
DXpedition logs....
What could it possibly hurt to ID?

73, Tom

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com