[CQ-Contest] Contest QSO solicitation

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Tue Oct 3 10:04:15 EDT 2000

In a message dated 10/3/2000 7:19:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kr6x at kr6x.com
writes:

> I'd like to reiterate my view that live web cam broadcasts, and any other
>  use of the internet which may possibly result in increased contest scores,
>  are a clear case of unethical solicitation for contacts whenever applied to
>  competitive contesting.  To all of you who have admitted to this activity
>  during your contesting career, I hope that you will seriously consider
>  sending your logs in as check logs whenever you repeat the act.

What about advertising before the contest such as CN8WW banner ads and EA8BH
last year "Formula one" operation? And offering T-shirts and bottle of wine,
etc. for contacting "me" _____  (insert your call)? Is there official ruling
on this activity?
    Sure makes the difference alerting casual types to come and work "me" -
making significant difference in scores vs. "regular" slobs minding their own
contesting.

Yuri, K3BU

have you voted on 3 QSO penalty system at contesting.com survey?

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com