[CQ-Contest] web cam solicitation

Gilmer, Mike mgilmer at gnlp.com
Tue Oct 3 14:22:16 EDT 2000

I'm not sure which question you are answering in the affirmative...
Are you advocating shutting down SM3CER, eHam.net, contesting.com and all
the contest calendar and DXpedition web sites that announce contest and/or
specific callsign activity?  Does it matter if my DXpedition uploads it's
info to an online Calendar *before* vs. *during* a contest?

Although it's legitimate to claim that not much useful info goes out with
one update every 5 or 10 minutes, K4OJ is right that someday technology will
allow real-time video and audio.  When that happens, it will have to be
addressed.  For now, it's silly to think a webcam is anymore than a burden
to the webcam operator.

73 Mike N2MG

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com