[CQ-Contest] Internet/WebCam in the contest?!

robbins at berkshire.net robbins at berkshire.net
Tue Oct 3 14:09:44 EDT 2000

How would you score this one...

a local ham couldn't figure out how to set up his computer, tnc, and radio.
saturday morning during cq/rj rtty test he brought the whole setup to my
shack.  we set it up, showed him how to run the software, tested it with a
dummy load with our multiplier station (but did not make a contact) to be
sure the tones were right side up, then sent him home.  later he contacted
us for the contest... how many of you would call that illegal?????  what
do you want to do, stick your heads in the sand friday night and not look
up till sunday night?  i'll bet you lock the doors, unplug the phone, and
pull the shades also so no one can see that you are operating a contest.
personally i advertise where ever i can, invite local non-contesters to come
visit, and announce contests on local vhf nets when i can.  if a webcam makes
it more interesting for someone and gets them on the air at all for a contest
then i say its great.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com