[CQ-Contest] Yeah - big fella, check out the website!

Robert Naumann n5nj at gte.net
Tue Oct 3 15:18:29 EDT 2000

I find myself in an awkward position now.  Jim K4OJ and I go way back, and
even though he's a little taller, we usually see eye to eye on most matters.

I must disagree here however.

The idea of a webcam is "cute" and certainly an application of new
technology that is pretty close to being on the cutting edge.

Despite the fact that I believe that such a webcam would have such little
impact to the stations' score, I think it may be a in fact be a good thing.

What about the potential for publicity for the contest ?  What about
enabling other amateurs to "watch" while someone else contests ?  I think it
would be totally cool to dial up someones' web page and watch them operate
the contest.

Perhaps this will someday become mandatory so the judges can randomly watch
the serious entrants!  Don't cheat !  Someone might be watching your webcam
!

I do get back in agreement with my OJ-drinking-buddy where I do think it
would be innapropriate for the operator to post his frequency to actively
solicit qsos.  At this point, this would be a problem.

73,
Bob N5NJ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com