No subject

Hammond, Rob EU-Pencoed Rob.Hammond at eu.sony.com
Thu Oct 26 16:42:05 EDT 2000

My first CQ WW effort for low power & I'm considering last minute
improvements.
The problem I face is for bands below 21MHz. (I know a few may say why don't
I send in a single band effort well, I just want to get into the thick of it
to learn as much as possible). Back to the Question

I currently have a Wire now at 50ft to center , the ends are about 30ft but
they could be put up so that the whole thing is horizontal. The whole thing
radiates mainly to east & west on the lower bands so I'm probably missing
out on loads at 14Mhz & below from other directions.
I have an ATAS100 on the car & next door has a Huge garage with a metal roof
( about 30ft x 25ft ) which is above the houses since we're on a slope.
Does anyone think it's worth the effort installing the ATAS on the Roof (
permission granted ) so I get Omni direction or is it not worth it as the
antenna is so inefficient that I won't be heard on a band that's gonna be
full of BIG signals ???

Also my sleep patterns allow for about 38-40 hours of operating if I can
stay awake anyone got any ideas how I can stay awake & when should I really
call it a night for a few hours & get some sleep ?

Thanks MW5EPA - Rob Hammond

It's my 3rd ever HF contest !!!!!!

are addressed.
Sony cannot accept liability for statements made which are clearly
the sender's own and not made on behalf of Sony.
(01)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com