[CQ-Contest] Dupes and computer logs

Guy Olinger olinger at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 6 23:20:56 EDT 2000

Well, I'm going to ask this question again. I've never gotten an answer.

Let's say that I work W7W?Y. I never for sure get the call right. He
fades out, or the pileup that forms after I discover him and call him
buries him.

HOW DO I LEAVE IT IN THE LOG SO

   1) It's clear to the contest committee that I have no intention of
claiming credit and I'm not criminally trying to sneak in a point.

   2) W7WHY doesn't get penalized for claiming a nil QSO. After all he
didn't do anything wrong.

   3) If I later work W7WHY (and since not intending to claim credit for
the first, and for that matter not sure it was him I tried to work the
first time) not have it dumped as a duplicate to an earlier QSO that I
got penalized for that I was trying not to claim.

  4) Something simple and clear to "NO CLAIM" the QSO in TR and in the
Cabrillo Format.

IT IS NOT CLEAR HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS.

Regards, Guy
k2av at contesting.com