[CQ-Contest] Penalties CQWW??

Doug Brandon dab at home.com
Wed Sep 6 22:54:49 EDT 2000

 >In the 1998 CQWW,
 >our J6DX multi-multi lost QSOs with our own operators operating from
 >another QTH because their calls weren't "legitimate."  Never got a straight
 >answer to how the committee figured that out since the J6 Ministry of
 >Communications and Works does not publish a list of J68 calls.

I don't think this situation is explicitly described in the rules, but I
think it definitely enters the "grey area".  Just because you are on from a
good multiplier QTH (and possibly the only J6 on), it doesn't mean one of
your ops can drive down the road and give you six free multipliers.  While
the committee might not have given you a clear answer, they probably looked
up the J68 calls (uniques in your log?) in a DX bulletin, saw the same home
calls as ops of the M/M, and determined this was the situation... just my
guess.

A bunch of us were at FG5BG in 1998.  The idea of sending one of the
licensed YLs (who was not contesting) back to the hotel to work us came up,
but we all decided it was not in the spirit of the contest.  Luckily we
worked some other local FGs on a few bands.

    73 de Doug, N6RT

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com