[CQ-Contest] packet cheaters caught?

Gilmer, Mike mgilmer at gnlp.com
Fri Sep 8 09:51:00 EDT 2000

> All in all, the only solution to solve the problem, seems to be the
> elimination of single op assisted class.
> In other words you cannot fight with techmology, you have to asimilate it.
> Allowing single ops to use packet eliminates the possibility of bad guys
> taking unfair advantage. It allows the latest technology to be used by
> everybody.

In the past I have suggested the same, but it is not the "only solution".
The Sprint QSY rule would make spotting moot.  Eliminating multipliers (or
somehow reducing their desirability) would also.

IMO, any of these rules modifications, however, would fundamentally change
the contest.  While this is not necessarily bad, it has to be considered.

One way to detect packet assistance is to look at busted callsigns.
However, even this is troubling.  If one guy can bust the call one way
(mixing up S and H on CW), it's easy for another guy to bust it the same
way.  Perhaps the powers that be have more "devious" means...

73
Mike
N2MG

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com