[CQ-Contest] KL7RA answers N2AA

DougKR2Q at aol.com DougKR2Q at aol.com
Sun Sep 10 14:07:15 EDT 2000

In a message dated 9/10/00 9:29:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kl7ra at ptialaska.net writes:

<< Two gamers of similar skill finish the competition and
 one chooses to use record and review and the other does not.  >>

There are at least two problems with this Rich (hope you don't mind if I add
my 2cents...but then again, you did post to the relfector and not just to
Gene).

1.  People have ALWAYS reviewed their logs for errors after the contest.
2.  It doesn't really matter, because you are not allowed to CHANGE any
callsign in your log AFTER the contest anyway!  Yes, that has been published
several times.  When the contest is over, the contest is over.
3.  There was at least one rather famous DxPeditioner who (ugh) actually
recorded and reviewed his whole log after the contest and WAS changing
callsigns.  After everybody said, "you can't do that" (after he was boasting
that he did), he got the idea and stopped.  He doesn't hold any records that
were made that way.
4.  So as CT1BOH says, recording and reviewing is for personal edification
only.

de Doug KR2Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com