[CQ-Contest] KL7RA answers N2AA

Bill Coleman AA4LR aa4lr at radio.org
Mon Sep 11 13:24:26 EDT 2000

On 9/10/00 1:07 PM, DougKR2Q at aol.com at DougKR2Q at aol.com wrote:

>1.  People have ALWAYS reviewed their logs for errors after the contest.

Absolutely. I'm sure lots of people do like I do, and make notes of
errors on a pad of paper, and correct the log after the contest is over,
or perhaps during an off-time.

>2.  It doesn't really matter, because you are not allowed to CHANGE any
>callsign in your log AFTER the contest anyway!  Yes, that has been published
>several times.  When the contest is over, the contest is over.

Can you give references to this rule?

Looking at:
CQ WW DX <http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cqwwwrules.html>, shows no such
rule.

CQ WPX <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/n8bjq/2000RULES.htm>,
shows no such rule.

ARRL General Rules
<http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/rules-all.html>, shows no
such rule.

If it is a rule, that's great, let's enforce it. If, however, no such
rule is published, let's not get ourselves worked up into a frenzy about
it.

>3.  There was at least one rather famous DxPeditioner who (ugh) actually
>recorded and reviewed his whole log after the contest and WAS changing
>callsigns.  After everybody said, "you can't do that" (after he was boasting
>that he did), he got the idea and stopped.

I don't see any rule prohibiting this, either.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com