[CQ-Contest] Sprint - sitting on a freq. giving out points

Rex J Maner k7qq at juno.com
Mon Sep 18 16:53:34 EDT 2000

I don't know who is being refered to here,  I was guilty of doing exactly
what is described ,, I don't work Sprint but do give an exchange if
called.  NO LOG will be submitted.. I had worked hard to Clear a freq and
wasn't about to QSY and told the SPRINTER so before the QSO.
I only worked 2 or 3 guys and screwed up the SN on them.

I saw one suggestion that I should submit a check log .  I don't even
know what station it was and I didn't put the name of the Op down. just
the info. that I was interested in.
How much of my log does he suggest. all 2300 Q's ???

Quack

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 04:55:10 -0400 Jim Reisert AD1C
<jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> writes:

> I heard one W7 stations (who's call I don't remember) working both
> the
> Salmon Run and the Sprint.  He was sitting on one frequency calling
> CQ for
> the Salmon Run, but when someone called in, he give the Salmon
> exchange,
> then also add a QSO number, name and state for the Sprint.
>
> Is this legal since he's not changing frequency?  Maybe it's OK if
> he
> doesn't submit a Sprint log?
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C
>
> --