[CQ-Contest] Young people / the thrill is gone.

Bill Turner w7ti at jps.net
Thu Sep 21 09:10:08 EDT 2000

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 06:16:03 -0500, Jim George wrote:

>I agree with George.  I don't know anyone who cheats.  At the top levels,
>it is unheard of as far as I am concerned.

I think it must be rare, but I did witness cheating one time.  I was
monitoring VHF packet and I had it set to monitor incoming data as
well as outgoing.  A big gun contester was having trouble copying the
state, so I saw him do a sh/ham on packet and get it.  I was copying
him on HF at the same time, so I know that's exactly what happened.

Like I say, that was the only time I personally observed cheating.

73, Bill W7TI

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com