[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes

Henderson, Dan N1ND dhenderson at arrl.org
Fri Sep 22 08:21:39 EDT 2000

Good Morning all:

The rationale about listing "off times" separately in the Soapbox / Comment
section is simple.

Many people correctly create their Cabrillo log file but then, in the middle
of the log file itself, insert lines to indicate TIME OFF and TIME ON.  When
they do this, it means that those extraneous lines must be manually removed
from the log before it can be used.

The log checking software can calculate off times from the information
provided in the Cabrillo file, so it is not necessary to mark the log file.
However, since many people "feel the need" to specifically indicate the ON
and OFF times in their submission, they should include that information in
the Soapbox area, where it does not create a problem with the actual log
file line by line data.

73

Dan Henderson, N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager