[CQ-Contest] Re: Dinged Good QSOs

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Mon Aug 6 20:56:24 EDT 2001

On Mon, 06 August 2001, kk9a at arrl.net wrote:

> In baseball if the umpire miscalls a "ball" it
> counts as one ball and not four (3 penalty balls
> plus the original).

Depends. If it's ball four it could make all the difference in the world.

http://www.peoplepc.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

From: K0HB at qwest.net" <K0HB at qwest.net (Hans K0HB)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 03:04:19 +0100
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Penalties

On Tuesday, August 07, 2001 8:52 AM, Tom Osborne
[SMTP:w7why at harborside.com] wrote:

> Hans K0HB wrote:
>
> >If an operator can just 'blow past' a questionable contact  >without
> >consequence, then we are simply rewarding sloppy >operating.
>
> How about this scenerio:
>
> "CQ Contest de K0HB"
> "de W7WHY"
> "W7WHY ur 59904"
> "R ur 599 03"
> "R K0HB"
>
> Good contact huh?
>
> Nope--W7WHY copied your call as K0SB.  You just got dinged for
> your "sloppy" operating, even if you did everything right.  73
> Tom W7WHY

Nope!  If the the log checker has both logs, the contacts are
matched by the software, and sloppy W7WHY gets dinged, but my
log is correct so I lose nothing.

Good luck on this one now!

With all kind wishes,

de Hans, K0HB